PLEASANT VALLEY, TX (MIDLAND COUNTY)
PLEASANT VALLEY, TEXAS (Midland County). Pleasant Valley was located seven miles northwest of Midland in northwestern Midland County. The community developed before 1912, when several families moved to Midland County from Mississippi with the Moss brothers, who owned several sections of land and needed families to farm it. A one-room public school was built by 1912 on land donated by Clarence Scharbauer, a local rancher. The building was also used for Sunday school and church services. The school closed in 1939. By the 1980s the community was part of Midland.
Midland County Historical Society, The Pioneer History of Midland County, Texas, 1880–1926 (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Julia Cauble Smith, "PLEASANT VALLEY, TX (MIDLAND COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvpwu), accessed December 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.