RED BLUFF, TX (HARRIS COUNTY)
RED BLUFF, TEXAS (Harris County). Red Bluff was located four miles north of Seabrook and east of State Highway 146 on Galveston Bay in southeastern Harris County. A post office, established in J. E. Idlebrook's general store in 1880, was discontinued by 1894. In 1885 the community had a population of thirty, a church, a school, and a general store. The population reached 100 in 1890. State highway maps in 1936 showed only scattered dwellings, many vacant, and a small county park at the site. By the 1980s the former community had become Shoreacres development, a suburb of LaPorte.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "RED BLUFF, TX (HARRIS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr22), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.