REISER, TEXAS. Reiser was located twenty-seven miles east of Laredo just off State Highway 359 one mile east of Farm Road 2895 in southern Webb County. It was established in 1881 as a shipping point on the Texas Mexican Railroad to serve the ranch of L. A. and Edward J. Reiser, brothers and cattle breeders. The Reisers also manufactured pressed brick and owned a general store. The population was reported as seventy-five in 1910, the last year Reiser appeared in the census. In 1914 there were two other businesses in town, both in the ranching business. A post office operated in the settlement between 1910 and 1916. Reiser oilfield was located two miles northwest on the Texas Mexican Railroad and was served by the railroad switch named Villigas. By 1948 all that remained at the site was the switch.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Michael D. Deane, "REISER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr30), accessed March 03, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.