RIVERDALE, TEXAS. Riverdale was in western Goliad County. The residences, a store, a school, and a seasonal industry, probably a cotton gin, were on a bend in the San Antonio River ten miles west of Goliad. The name Riverdale also applied to a station on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad located eight miles to the south near U.S. Highway 59. Fifty people were living in the community in the 1930s and 1940s, but no population figures are listed after 1950. In 1984 neither the railroad station nor the community was designated on the county highway map. The Riverdale oilfield now identifies the river bend area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Craig H. Roell, "RIVERDALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr50), accessed August 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.