RIVERSIDE, TX (COMAL COUNTY)
RIVERSIDE, TEXAS (Comal County). Riverside, on the west bank of the Guadalupe River in southeastern Comal County, was originally called Riverside Farm. It contained one league and one labor of land granted to J. Thompson as a headright. In 1847 W. H. Meriwether, owner of the first saw and grist mill in New Braunfels, purchased the land from the Thompson heirs and used slave labor to develop the farm. In 1922 a dam across the river impounded Lake Dunlap, and Riverside developed into a residential section, which has been incorporated within the city limits of New Braunfels.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "RIVERSIDE, TX (COMAL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr51), accessed June 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.