ROEDER, TEXAS. Roeder is on Farm Road 1735 six miles southeast of Mount Pleasant in southeastern Titus County. A post office was established there in 1892 with John F. Merrett as postmaster; it remained in operation until 1904. In 1896 the community was little more than a country store, but by 1936 it had a population estimated at 100. The population had declined to twenty-five by 1954. In 1984 Roeder had a small store and widely scattered houses. It was still listed as a community in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "ROEDER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr63), accessed November 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.