ROSE HILL, TX (TRAVIS COUNTY)
ROSE HILL, TEXAS (Travis County). Rose Hill, sometimes called Nelleville, was near Manor in northeastern Travis County. Its first school opened in 1879, and by 1880 Henry Nelle had donated land for the school, a church, and a cemetery. The Rose Hill school had two teachers and fifty-eight students in 1907. In 1890 settlers built the Rose Hill Lutheran Church, which existed until 1924, when the congregation merged with St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Elgin. The building was probably used for school as well as church purposes. Only the cemetery and the foundation of the church remained in the early 1970s. No population estimates for the Rose Hill community were available.
Mary Starr Barkley, History of Travis County and Austin, 1839–1899 (Waco: Texian Press, 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ROSE HILL, TX (TRAVIS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr65), accessed July 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.