ROSEVILLE, TEXAS. Roseville was near U.S. Highway 87 five miles east of Cuero in southeastern DeWitt County,. The community center was a school organized in 1874 and named for the wild roses that bloomed there. The Live Oak Grove Baptist Church was established in 1880 and held services until 1913. The school operated until 1950.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nellie Murphree, "ROSEVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr66), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.