ROZNOV, TEXAS. Roznov is three miles east of Warrenton in northeastern Fayette County. It was settled during the latter nineteenth century by Czech and German immigrants and named by John Halamicek for his European home. A post office was established in 1892 and discontinued in 1906. In 1900 the community had a store, a saloon, and a blacksmith shop, but residents voted in nearby Warrenton. In 1933 Roznov had a population of fifty. The improvement of roads, mechanization of farm labor, and ultimate decline in the importance of cotton as a crop led to depopulation of the area.
Frank Lotto, Fayette County: Her History and Her People (Schulenburg, Texas: Sticker Steam Press, 1902; rpt., Austin: University of Texas Press, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Jeff Carroll, "ROZNOV, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr72), accessed August 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.