RUTH, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)
RUTH, TEXAS (Coryell County). Ruth was near Henson Mountain ten miles southeast of Gatesville in southeast Coryell County. A post office served the community from 1885 to 1905, when mail was directed to Straw's Mill. Ruth had a church and a cotton gin, and its school operated until 1912, when it was consolidated with the Ewing school. In 1940 Ruth's population was twenty. Fort Hood took in the site in 1942.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Sylvia Edwards, "RUTH, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr80), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.