RONDA, TEXAS. Ronda was on Farm Road 2326 just north of Beaver Creek and ten miles southeast of Harrold in southeastern Wilbarger County. The community developed in the early 1880s, and a cemetery had been established by 1881. A post office opened in 1889 with Alfred T. Bailey as postmaster. By the time a school opened in 1893, the settlement of about seventy-five people had the post office, a store, and scattered houses. The post office was moved to Harrold in 1907, and the store closed. The school served a large district until it was consolidated with the Harrold school in 1929. In 1986 nothing remained of the settlement except the cemetery.
Wilbarger County Historical Commission, Wilbarger County (Lubbock, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "RONDA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr94), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.