SAMPSON, TX (BELL COUNTY)
SAMPSON, TEXAS (Bell County). Sampson was a railroad station and school community on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad in northeastern Bell County, at the intersection of Farm Road 1237 with what later became Interstate Highway 35, some five miles north of Temple. The station probably dates from the 1880s. In the community was a rural school for blacks called Sampson Hill that served fifty-five pupils in 1903. By 1963 the school was gone, and the station was no longer named on United States Topographical Survey maps.
Bertha Atkinson, The History of Bell County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1929).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SAMPSON, TX (BELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvs13), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.