SHILOH, TX (BURLESON COUNTY)
SHILOH, TEXAS (Burleson County). Shiloh is a suburban community on the shores of East and West Cade lakes near County Road 908 four miles west of Caldwell in western Burleson County. Anglo-American settlement in the area began in the late 1830s. Shiloh seems to have coalesced around the Shiloh Baptist Church, constructed in 1869 on the west bank of Second Davidson Creek in the heart of the blackland prairie along the Old San Antonio Road. The community remained a small agricultural settlement until the late twentieth century, when residential development began on the shores of the Cade lakes more than a mile east of the original townsite. In 1966 the community reported ten residents; thereafter its population rose considerably, though no official statistics were available. During the late 1980s the Shiloh Church and the Shiloh School were within the township.
Burleson County Historical Society, Astride the Old San Antonio Road: A History of Burleson County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles Christopher Jackson, "SHILOH, TX (BURLESON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvs84), accessed June 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.