SHOLAR, TEXAS. Sholar was twenty miles northeast of Center in far northeastern Shelby County. It was probably named for the Sholar family, who lived in the area. The community had a post office from 1900 until 1915 and probably served as the post office for the nearby sawmill community of Eagle Mills. In 1914, in addition to the post office, the settlement had a store and a gin. Sholar had ceased to exist as a named community by 1946.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "SHOLAR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvs86), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.