SNEED CHAPEL, TX
SNEED CHAPEL, TEXAS. Sneed Chapel was a farming community ten miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County. It was named for the Sneed family, who owned a plantation in the area before the Civil War. The population of Sneed Chapel was predominantly black. By the 1940s no evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps. No population estimates were available.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "SNEED CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsaf), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.