SPERRY, TEXAS. Sperry, in southern Grayson County, was named for F. C. L. Sperry, who donated land for the townsite when the St. Louis, San Francisco and Texas Railway built through the area in 1901. A post office operated there from 1903 to 1907, and in 1910 the community reported a population of fifty. By 1940 Sperry was only a switch on the rail line and sometime thereafter was abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "SPERRY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsaw), accessed January 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.