STEWART HEIGHTS, TX
STEWART HEIGHTS, TEXAS. Stewart Heights was originally located on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad north of Goose Creek in extreme east central Harris County. It developed after the discovery of the Goose Creek Oilfield. By 1935 it was an incorporated town with fifteen businesses and a population of 545, but by 1940 the community had become part of the Morrell Park residential subdivision and had lost its incorporation. The 1936 county highway map showed a school, several buildings, and scattered dwellings by the railroad. The community incorporated with Goose Creek, Pelly, and Baytown to form the new city of Baytown in 1947.
Olga Miller Haenel, A Social History of Baytown, Texas, 1912–1956 (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "STEWART HEIGHTS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsby), accessed March 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.