STEWARTSVILLE, TEXAS. Stewartsville was the site of the Peters colony store in southeastern Denton County shortly after the colony's establishment in the early 1840s. Here manufactured goods were brought in from England and sold to the French colonists at New Icaria. Stewartsville was located near colony headquarters and had a post office from March to September 1847, but as the colony experienced problems, the site failed to develop.
C. A. Bridges, History of Denton, Texas, from Its Beginning to 1960 (Waco: Texian Press, 1978). Mary Jo Cowling, Geography of Denton County (Dallas: Banks, Upshaw, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "STEWARTSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvscb), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.