SEARSVILLE, TEXAS. Searsville was near the junction of Farm roads 217 and 854, two miles northwest of Valley Mills and twenty-three miles northwest of Waco in southern Bosque County. It was named after Josiah LeGrand Sears, who moved to Waco from Appomattox County, Virginia, in 1854. A few years later he brought his wife to the Searsville settlement. He operated a drug and general merchandise store in the community during the Civil War and a post office from 1859 to 1866. Apparently no population figures have ever been recorded for Searsville.
William C. Pool, Bosque Territory (Kyle, Texas: Chaparral, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "SEARSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsdp), accessed September 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.