SCRAP, TEXAS. Scrap was four miles northeast of Kanawha and three miles south of Kiomatia in northwestern Red River County. A post office operated in Scrap from 1903 until 1924. In 1914 the town had a population of twenty-five and two general stores. By the mid-1930s Scrap had ceased to exist as a named community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "SCRAP, TEXAS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsdt), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.