STONE, TEXAS. Stone, a community in central Washington County, obtained a United States post office on March 25, 1896, with Archibald Watson as postmaster. The post office closed on January 2, 1907.
Henry Gannett, A Gazetteer of Texas (U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 190, Series F, Washington: GPO, 1902; 2d ed., U.S.G.S. Bulletin 224, 1904).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "STONE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsdz), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.