SHAWNEE CREEK, TX
SHAWNEE CREEK, TEXAS. Shawnee Creek, on Shawnee Creek near Sulphur Springs, had a post office in 1875 with C. M. Barge as postmaster. This office was abolished in 1877. Shawnee Creek in 1882 was described as a "small village" in a report by the Texas Commissioner of Statistics.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "SHAWNEE CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsed), accessed December 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.