SANDTOWN, TEXAS. Sandtown was on Farm Road 1697 ten miles west of Brenham in extreme western Washington County. This community of German Americans existed from the late nineteenth century through the 1950s. Two cemeteries mark the site.
Judy and Nath Winfield, Jr., Cemetery Records of Washington County, 1826–1960 (MS, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "SANDTOWN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsen), accessed December 04, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.