SEDAN, TEXAS. Sedan was thirty-three miles southwest of the town of Gonzales and twelve miles northwest of Yorktown in Gonzales County. By 1884 Sedan had a post office, and in 1890 J. M. Bockius, a local stock farmer, acted as postmaster and the community had triweekly mail service. Sedan by 1896 reportedly had 300 citizens, including three physicians and two music teachers; at that time the community was served by a Methodist and a Baptist church and mail was still delivered triweekly. In 1909 Sedan lost the post office. Its population declined, and no trace of the community remained on the 1936 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "SEDAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsfb), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.