SULLIVAN'S BLUFF, TX
SULLIVAN'S BLUFF, TEXAS. Sullivan's Bluff was a post office community on the Neches River near the site of what is now Weches, some twenty-seven miles northeast of Crockett in northeastern Houston County. It was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1872 to 1875, and in the mid-1870s the small community had a store and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it was no longer shown on highway maps. No trace of the settlement remained in 1990.