SAN BERNARDO, TX
SAN BERNARDO, TEXAS. San Bernardo, a farming community sixteen miles from Angleton on the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway in west central Brazoria County, had a sawmill, a general store, and a population of fifty in 1914. A post office operated there from 1910 to 1925. In 1937 the community had one school for seven white pupils. The school was consolidated with the West Columbia Independent School District in 1949.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "SAN BERNARDO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvswe), accessed November 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.