TODVILLE, TEXAS. Todville, also known as Tod, on the western shore of Galveston Bay in southeastern Harris County, was founded by John Grant Tod, Jr., in 1900 as a subdivision near the town of Seabrook. The town was originally named Morrisstown in honor of Ritson Morriss, the original grantee of the land, but soon became popularly known as Todville, which became the official name. State highway maps in 1936 showed a cemetery between Seabrook and Red Bluff at the former townsite, which by the 1980s had become part of suburban Seabrook.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rosa Tod Hamner, "TODVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt40), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.