TORDILLA MOUND, TX
TORDILLA MOUND, TEXAS. Tordilla Mound was a post office in Atascosa County from August 4, 1858, to April 15, 1859. It was probably a stage stop on the San Patricio Trail near Tordilla Hill and the natural water hole at Rock Spring, where ruins of two old stone buildings were found in 1963.
Robert H. Thonhoff, History of Karnes County (M.A. thesis, Southwest Texas State College, 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert H. Thonhoff, "TORDILLA MOUND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt47), accessed November 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.