TOTO, TEXAS. Toto was a small farming community on the Toto Road, now Farm Road 2421, fourteen miles north of Weatherford in north central Parker County. The settlement was originally called the Ray School Community after the one-teacher school established there in 1885 and was renamed Toto in 1912, when the school's staff increased to two teachers. A post office was established there in 1894 and discontinued in 1904, and a cotton gin was built in 1903 and abandoned by 1917. The last store in Toto closed in 1930, and the closing of the school in 1943 marked the end of the community.
Parker County Historical Commission, History of Parker County (Dallas: Taylor, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "TOTO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt52), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.