TRINITY CITY, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)
TRINITY CITY, TEXAS (Dallas County). Trinity City was to be developed on McCommas Bluff, a half-mile above Five Mile Creek on the north bank of the Trinity River in the original land grant of Amos McCommas in what became southeastern Dallas County. The community was promoted by the Peters colony but was never substantially developed. It was envisioned as the northernmost of twenty-nine port towns that were to be laid out every twenty miles on the banks of the Trinity River, in the hope that the river could be made navigable from the Gulf of Mexico to the most northern port town. Though indicated on the Peters colony map of 1852 as a sizable town, it was probably never more than a small frontier community.
David S. Switzer, It's Our Dallas County (Dallas: Switzer, 1954).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "TRINITY CITY, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt58), accessed October 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.