TUCKERTOWN, TEXAS. Tuckertown, a farming community six miles southeast of Corsicana in the Powell oilfield in eastern Navarro County, was probably established around 1900. It flourished briefly from about 1910 through the 1920s, the peak years of the oil boom. In the mid-1930s Tuckertown had two stores and a number of scattered houses; its estimated population in 1940 was twenty. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s Tuckertown was no longer shown on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TUCKERTOWN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt67), accessed December 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.