TIEMANN, TEXAS. Tiemann was on U.S. Highway 90A between Geronimo and Mill creeks and three miles east of Seguin in central Guadalupe County. The Tiemann School, which opened in 1903 to relieve overcrowding at the Mill Creek School, was built on land that had been donated by Theodore Tiemann in 1859. Edgar W. Bartholomae was the first teacher. The school had eighty-two students in 1905 and 124 in 1934, but by 1945 its enrollment had fallen to thirty-one. Tiemann consisted of the school, a business, and several houses in 1946, but the school was consolidated with the Seguin Independent School District in 1949. No evidence of the community was shown on the 1987 county highway map.
Josephine S. Etlinger, Sweetest You Can Find: Life in Eastern Guadalupe County, Texas, 1851–1951 (San Antonio: Watercress, 1987). Arwerd Max Moellering, A History of Guadalupe County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1938).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "TIEMANN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt87), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.