UNION HILL, TX (BOSQUE COUNTY)
UNION HILL, TEXAS (Bosque County). Union Hill, on a hill 4½ miles north of Morgan in Bosque County, was a community centered around the Union Hill School. The first schoolhouse was a two-room cabin built in 1888. It was replaced in 1914 by a larger two-story school across the road on land given by J. C. Frazier. Two stores and a Baptist church were nearby. In 1936 the school, a business, a church, and a few scattered dwellings marked the site. When the Union Hill School was consolidated with that of Kopperl in 1939, Kopperl, a town four miles southeast of Union Hill, became the center of community activities. The Union Hill Baptist Church building was sold and moved away, and the local stores were closed. In 1981 a Texas Historical Commission marker was placed at the site of the school; at that time ex-students still held regular reunions.
Bosque County History Book Committee, Bosque County, Land and People (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Elizabeth Torrence, "UNION HILL, TX (BOSQUE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvu09), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.