VOGEL'S VALLEY, TX
VOGEL'S VALLEY, TEXAS. Vogel's Valley, on Cibolo Creek in southwestern Comal County, was settled in 1871, when Robert Leslie sold the Agapito Gayton survey to L. Hitzfelder and L. Vogel. Although the valley is named for Ludwig Vogel, farmer, rancher, and poet, the community was long known as League Settlement. In February 1888 Adam Schlather conveyed the school land to the League Settlement school. There is no record of a community center in the area in the twentieth century.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "VOGEL'S VALLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvv22), accessed June 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.