VOGELSANG, TEXAS. Vogelsang was on a country road near the intersection of Farm roads 1444 and 1445 eight miles north of Cameron in northern Milam County. The predominantly German community was founded in the 1880s and named for a pioneer family. In 1903 the St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized and built and dedicated a church in the community. In 1940 Vogelsang had a school, a church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered dwellings. The school was closed by the 1950s, the church moved to a new building in nearby Ben Arnold in 1952, and by 1988 all that remained of the community was a cemetery.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "VOGELSANG, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvv23), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.