VALLEY VIEW, TX (MARTIN COUNTY)
VALLEY VIEW, TEXAS (Martin County). Valley View, in central Martin County, was so named because of the valley in which it is located. The Washington Hardy Clements family was among the first of the town's settlers. A rural school district was established in 1925 with a Miss O'Neal as the teacher. In 1929 a new brick building replaced the first schoolhouse, and in 1930 Valley View became an independent school district. The school was consolidated with Grady in 1950. The 1984–85 Texas Almanac lists no population figures for Valley View.
Vernen Liles, Pioneering on the Plains: The History of Martin County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1953). Martin County Historical Commission, Martin County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Noel Wiggins, "VALLEY VIEW, TX (MARTIN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvv26), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.