WASSON, TEXAS. Wasson, a community in southern Yoakum and northern Gaines counties, was founded in 1937 at the discovery of oil. By 1939 the ranching and oilfield center reported fifteen businesses and a population of 250. The population was listed at fifty from 1941 to 1948, when population estimates were discontinued.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WASSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw11), accessed May 26, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.