WATSON, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
WATSON, TEXAS (Red River County). Watson was twenty-one miles northeast of Clarksville in northeastern Red River County. A post office was established there in 1884 with S. E. Watson as postmaster. In 1890 the community had a population of twenty-five and two years later a population of 100. The post office was discontinued in 1907, and by 1936 the community was no longer in existence.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "WATSON, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw16), accessed February 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.