WELVIEW, TEXAS. Welview was a mile south of U.S. Highway 87 and eight miles east of Eden in southeastern Concho County, on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway, which completed a line from Lometa westward to Eden in 1912. Welview had a post office from 1912 until sometime after 1936. In 1914 the community had a general store, a gin, and a population of twenty-five. In 1936, in addition to the post office, there was one seasonal industry and several scattered buildings. The population was reported as twenty-five through 1948, after which time no figure has been recorded. By 1963 the community had disappeared.
Charles P. Zlatkovich, Texas Railroads (Austin: University of Texas Bureau of Business Research, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "WELVIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw29), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.