WEST SWEDEN, TX
WEST SWEDEN, TEXAS. West Sweden was eight miles northwest of Brady in west central McCulloch County. Ernest Severin, a Swedish minister from Austin, founded the community in 1905, bringing several Swedish families from Travis and Williamson counties. The name West Sweden was chosen because a town five miles east of Brady was already named Sweden. A school and several scattered houses marked the community on 1948 county highway maps, but they had disappeared by the 1980s.
Jessie Laurie Barfoot, History of McCulloch County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "WEST SWEDEN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw37), accessed July 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.