WESTVILLE, TX (DEWITT COUNTY)
WESTVILLE, TEXAS (DeWitt County). Westville was a black rural community two miles south of Cuero in central DeWitt County. The community centers were a school and Mount Herman Baptist Church, both established in 1887. Members continued to attend the church until 1958, after the population had moved to Cuero. The school was probably closed by 1950, when most schools in the county had been consolidated.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Craig H. Roell, "WESTVILLE, TX (DEWITT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw39), accessed September 03, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.