WOODAL, TEXAS. Woodal was six miles southwest of Rusk and near Farm Road 1857 in west central Cherokee County. The site was probably first settled soon after the Civil War. In the 1930s Woodal had a church, a school, a sawmill, and a number of houses. After World War II most of the residents moved out of the area, and in 1990 only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WOODAL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw64), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.