WUTHRICH HILL, TX
WUTHRICH HILL, TEXAS. Wuthrich Hill is the location of a Lutheran church and cemetery in Williamson County, thirty-six miles northeast of Austin on County Road 417. It is named for Christian Gottfried Wuthrich, a Swiss settler who immigrated to Texas in 1872 and came to the area in 1888. Most of the settlers in the locality were German, Austrian, or Swiss. A Lutheran church was organized in 1894, and the Turkey Creek school stood near the church from 1893 to 1950. Wuthrich Hill has never had a post office, no businesses ever developed there, and the rural population is scattered. In 1948 the original Evangelical Lutheran church, St. James, joined with the New Bern church to form the Prince of Peace Church, which is still active.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Clara Stearns Scarbrough, "WUTHRICH HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw72), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.