WEST POINT, TX (LYNN COUNTY)
WEST POINT, TEXAS (Lynn County). West Point was on U.S. Highway 380 and Farm Road 179, two miles east of the Terry county line in far west central Lynn County. A school district for West Point existed as early as 1904. It had a cotton gin and a store-station combination in the 1940s and 1950s. By 1974 only the cotton gin remained in operation. West Point was still listed as a community in 1990.
Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Donald R. Abbe, "WEST POINT, TX (LYNN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw81), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.