WIMS, TEXAS. Wims was probably located thirteen miles northeast of Mount Vernon in northeastern Franklin County. In 1896 the community had a one-teacher, one-room school that served forty-two white children. A Wims post office was operated for a few months in 1901.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "WIMS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvw89), accessed August 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.