WINNTON, TEXAS. Winnton was a small rural community in Gonzales County ten miles northeast of the town of Gonzales. Although little is known regarding the community's early settlement, it was probably established in the 1860s, as it had a post office by 1869. In 1884 Winnton had triweekly mail delivery and a population of thirty-five. Cotton and wool appear to have been the mainstay of the local economy. The post office closed in 1889. Thereafter, population figures became unavailable, and by 1936 no trace of Winnton appeared on county road maps.