YEGUA, TEXAS. Yegua, on Yegua Creek in northern Washington County, was granted a post office in January 1859, which closed in June 1867. This settlement subsequently disappeared and left no trace.
Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "YEGUA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvy03), accessed May 25, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.