ZEIRATH, TEXAS. Zeirath was on the Gulf, Beaumont and Kansas City Railway between Jasper and Kirbyville in eastern Jasper County. A post office was briefly established at Zeirath in 1901, and by 1905 the hamlet had a railroad loading switch. Zeirath was an election precinct by 1912. L. L. Bean sold thirteen tenant houses, a store, and a variety of milling equipment located at Zeirath to J. J. and V. S. Bean in 1915. Another milling operation, probably that of the George W. Cavin Lumber Company, was present during the 1920s until local timber was cut out. A few scattered residences remained in 1986, although no community center could be identified.
Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, 800 Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas: Frontier, 1971).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "ZEIRATH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvz07), accessed October 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.