ZIGZAG, TEXAS. Zigzag was a farming community about six miles west of Devine in south central Medina County. The peculiar name of Zigzag was attributed to the many turns in the road that led to the town. The settlement had a post office operating between December 3, 1901, and August 31, 1911; William S. Nowlin served as the first postmaster. At one time Zigzag had a store and a gin, and in 1945 it had a school and a Baptist church. The church was all that remained at the site in the late 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "ZIGZAG, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvz08), accessed December 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.