CLARKSVILLE FEMALE INSTITUTE
CLARKSVILLE FEMALE INSTITUTE. Clarksville Female Institute was established in 1848 when the Ringwood Female Seminary, with Eliza A. Todd, wife of William S. Todd, as principal, moved from Boston in Bowie County to Clarksville in Red River County. The institute was bought by professor John Anderson in 1854 and became a part of the Clarksville Male and Female Academy.
Marshall Vanderburg, The Presbyterians in Northeast Texas to 1920 (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "CLARKSVILLE FEMALE INSTITUTE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbc26), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.